Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of Pumping!!!!

Default Tired of Pumping!!!!

OK here is my story:
    I breastfed DD until her 7 month, she decided that she was done with nursing. She never really enjoyed nursing it was just something she had to do to eat. When she started refusing to nurse I bought a pump and became a pumping crazy woman. I was pumping every three hours and could produce about 42 to 48 oz of milk. Then I had a very good freezer stash. I then started to pump less often, I of course had to use some of my freezer stash and now only have about 10 6oz bags of milk left.

I only pump 3-4 times a day and I am producing 25 to 30 oz. She is now almost 13 months old and I am READY to QUIT!!!! I am tired of doing it but at the same time I feel guilty for wanting to quit. She has a milk allergy(I think but we have not been to an allergist yet). I dont want to give her soy milk, I want to give her goats milk if she is not allergic to that. Breastmilk is free and I have this feeling like I will be a bad mom if I give her something other than breastmilk. What do I do? My original goal was 6 months and my new goal is 18 months but I dont know if I can do this much longer. I want my body and my boobs back

Default Re: Tired of Pumping!!!!

I hate the pump too! I just want to be able to go somewhere, anywhere without worring about going to the car to pump! Your LO is older than mine, but have you triedany other milks yet? Do you know if she will accept them? Is she nursing at all, even for bed?

I was going to say maybe you could slowly pump wean and rely on 1-2x nursing per day plus goat's milk and water, etc. if possible.

If not could you get her used to goat's milk and pump wean down to 2 sessions per day until 18 months, then one time per day, the stop?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I have not tried any other milk yet. She was nursing first thing in the morning up until a month ago. Now she is completely done with nursing. I will try to pump wean and get her on another milk. I guess I am having hard time giving up because I wanted her to nurse longer than she did, but knowing I am still giving her breastmilk makes me feel better. Anyway thanks for the advice.

you did/are doing a great job mama! many women would have given up and i know how hard it would be to ep! so good job!!!.

she is getting a great start because of your detication so don't ever feel down about it!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

you're not alone! i am so tired of pumping too! it gets really old not being able to do anything for more than 3 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pumpy View Post
    it gets really old not being able to do anything for more than 3 hours...
    I just look at the bright side....at least I don't have to stay at IL's for very long!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

that's true and i get breaks from work!

All you pumping mama's ! I give you so much credit, i had to pump while at work and could never imagine having to do it 7 days a week, all day every day! Way to go!

No back to the original post: Why do you think she has a dairy allergy? I would want to find out that from a test sot hat you can know if you have more to add to your options. Also, what is her solid intake like?

You've done such an amazing thing pumping fo rthis long and she give yourself the credit you deserve!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I quit pumping at work at the end of last semester. I just couldn't do it anymore. I can empathize with you. I don't have much advice, esp. seeing as how your LO is allergic to milk. It's a hard decision to make. Maybe you can do something while pumping to make it more bearable? Anyways...
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gabesmommy View Post

No back to the original post: Why do you think she has a dairy allergy? I would want to find out that from a test sot hat you can know if you have more to add to your options. Also, what is her solid intake like? !
    I think it is a milk allergy because she has had yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding, and a sip of cows milk and each time she has only the tiniest amount of any of these things she has broken out with hives on her face and neck but she can eat things like bread, cookies,and other baked goods with milk as an ingredient and she never has reaction to them. I need to bring her to an allergist but we are in the middle of a move and I dont have a permanent home yet.

Also her solids intake is HORRIBLE. She is not an eater, she can go all day without food if I would let her. She loves her boob juice but other than that she really does not like food. She will take 5 small bites of food and then she is DONE. She is a very strong willed child and I have to basically force feed her anything. At her 9 month appt she weighed 15 1/2 lbs and at her 12 month appt she weighed 16lbs. She has been walking since 9 1/2 months so I know she is burning off her calories VERY fast. She has gained 1 lb this month already but this is just because I am force feeding her cereal and milled flax seeds. She likes foods she can feed herself but will only eat a few bites of them, which is NOT enough to fill her belly or fill her calorie needs.