Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My daughter just turned a year!

Smile My daughter just turned a year!

So, my DD had her first birthday on the 9th of this month and I'm STILL getting teary-eyed just thinking about it!

I can't believe we've made it this far. When I was pregnant, I said to myself, "okay just do the first 6 weeks and then if you have to stop, you can." Well, we had SO SO many problems in that first two months, that I almost gave up even before the sixth week. But, I pushed through! Then, I said to myself "just make it to the six month mark." And now, here we are, past the ONE YEAR mark! How amazing is that?

We have survived so much together. From very unsupportive friends and relatives, formula shoved down my throat, to thrush (3 times), improper latching, the use of a nipple sheild, mastitis, teething and all kinds of other things. BUT WE MADE IT THROUGH!

I'm crying right now as I write this. I'm just so proud of myself, and of my daughter, and I have NOONE to share it with. The people in my life are surprised that I nursed at all, let alone beyond a year. My SO is pretty supportive, but he doesn't understand (he's a guy I guess he never will, right?). I don't know anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who has nursed past like 3 months, so this group of women online... yeah I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Thanks for being my unknown support. I don't know that I could have done this without knowing that there were other women out there, just like me, willing to support and understand without question. Thank you for pulling me through in times of weakness, for all the advice, for everything. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

Default Re: My daughter just turned a year!

Congrats
    And welcome to the "made it past 1year club"!!!!
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Congratulations! I think it is absolutely wonderful. It really takes someone special to give so much of themselves. Especially those trying first 6 weeks, and with each new challenge. Not many people (except other BF Mom's) would appreciate, and understand just how selfless of an act BF truely is.

Your daughter will appreciate your perserverance.

Happy Birthday LO!!!
    Congrats mom for hanging in there
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

Well done Mamma! You are awesome! You have every right to be proud of yourself.

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

You are truly amazing - look at what you have been through and still continued. You are an inspiration. Congratulations on nursing to a year

Oh, and to your LO
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009