Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where to buy fenugreek?

Default Where to buy fenugreek?

I'm kinda freakin out today. I've noticed that I feel less full and less powerful letdown over the past week.Today, I am working and can barely pump out 2oz over 45 minutes. I don't have great pump output, but usually I get 4oz in about 20 minutes. I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy fenugreek in person? I found it on the internet and would like to try it ASAP without having to wait for it to ship. I live in Phoenix, so we have pretty much every major retailer nearby. Thanks!

Default Re: Where to buy fenugreek?

I was able to buy fenugreek tea at a health food store.

Check your pump parts (if you haven't already!) for wear. That happens a lot and you'd be surprised how much that makes a difference!

Do you have like a Whole Foods or other Health food store? Call them and see if they stock it?

if there is an indian grocery store near you, you can buy a huge bag of fenugreek seeds for $5 or less maybe. indians use it as a natural breath freshner and also for increasing milk.

it's an acquired taste but a great natural way to increase your milk.

c

Whole Foods has Fenugreek, I live in Phoenix, too and that's where I've seen it. I just order from SwansonVitamins.com, tho.
    FTM to Dante
    Birthday: June 15 2008 (Father's Day!)
    Birth Time: Crack of Noon
    Birth Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz

I buy Fenugreek capsules at my regular big-box grocery store, in the vitamin aisle, where we do all our regular grocery shopping. I have also seen Blessed Thistle (they call it Milk Thistle) there too, but didn't buy it because it's EXPENSIVE! Around here we shop at Meijer, not sure what you have in Arizona that is comparable. I think a bottle of 90 capsules of Fenugreek is around $6.

Also, I just wanted to add... you didn't mention if AF had returned for you yet since your LO was born, but I always find my supply dips somewhat just before AF is supposed to visit... It usually comes right back up, not long after AF starts. Just wanted to throw this out there as a possible reason why your supply has dipped

HTH
    Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I just bought some at GNC at the mall. Good luck!

Thank you all for your help! I found it cheapest at Sprouts. Hubby thinks my maple syrup smell is hysterical! Seems to be working finally.