Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: reducing feedings

Default reducing feedings

My son is 13 months now, and nursing early am, before an afternoon nap when at home, and at bedtime. When I am at work (4 days/week), I pump during his nap time. I'd like to cut out the afternoon session, but I get so full during the day and I'm afraid if I don't pump, I will lose supply. Does anyone nurse just morning and night?

Default Re: reducing feedings

When ds #2 weaned it was a very gradual process. For a long time we nursed just twice a day. But, occasionally it would be 3 times and occasionally it would be once. Your body will adjust. It may take a little bit, but really it will happen.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

I nurse only morning and night once a week when my boy has to be with his grandma. I feed him about 7 am and if he is by home by 5:30, I'll be okay without having to pump milk at all. But if I know that he will come home later than 6 pm, I will pump it. Now he sleeps through the night, from 10 pm - 8 pm and I don't pump in the night at all. But when I'm home with him, I nurse him about 4 times during the day. I guess that why my supply is not going down much

maybe this page will help http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...s.html#cowmilk

as long as baby is nursing 3-4 times in 24 hours you don't need to add other milks or formula.

IS baby drinking all the milk you pump?
    What would you replace it with?