Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Poop Question (sorry!)

Question Poop Question (sorry!)

Not sure which section I should be posting this in but anyways... I have a poop question! My DD is coming up on six weeks and has had a few green poops lately. I would say she's going about half yellow ones and half green ones in terms of frequency. Today she had a green poop with some red (blood) streaks through it and I am a bit freaked out! My midwife says there's likely nothing seriously wrong as she's still nursing well, making loads of wet diapers and still gaining weight but I might want her to get checked out just in case. Has anyone else had this happen? I haven't been eating anything different, she's emptying my breast well (so she should be getting enough fore and hindmilk), her colour and behaviour are normal, no fever- what do you think? I'd really appreciate some advice/suggestions/etc if you can help me out! Thanks so much.

Default Re: Poop Question (sorry!)

my baby had a similar problem at about 3 months, and we brought a poop sample into the doctor to get checked out, just in case. Everything was fine, and I suspect it's an overactive letdown issue. Block feeding has helped a lot.

Birth 7lb 6oz
    1 mo 10lb 8oz
    2 mo 14lb
    4 mo 19lb 1oz
    5 mo 21lbs
    6 mo 23lbs
    7 mo 24lbs

Default Re: Poop Question (sorry!)

You might want to get that checked out. I think.... I think that it might have something to do with what you are eating too.... Your LO might have an allergy to what you are eating

try this web site

I hope you can find out what that is.... fingers crossed that it's nothing!!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180