Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby pulling off nipple

Default baby pulling off nipple

My son is almost 4 months. Lately he has begun to just pull off the nipple and I'm curious why he does this. He does not seem to be in distress when he does this. Just turns his head, looks up at me...sometimes he smiles and then relatches himself. Today he kept doing this over and over on my L breast. Is this just because he is distracted, wanting to communicate, trying to tell me he wants to switch breasts? I noticed that when my hubby came in from work this evening and I greeted him from my "nursing chair" my son popped off the nipple for a bit, glared at me then went back to nursing. Seems I remember some moms stating that this is the age when infants become easily distracted from nursing.

Default Re: baby pulling off nipple

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*breastfeeding View Post
    Seems I remember some moms stating that this is the age when infants become easily distracted from nursing.

That's when my DD started getting super angry if I said one word while nursing, to anyone. I used to be able to read a book while nursing - when she turned 4 months, if I pulled the book out she would pop off and push it away.

Kellymom has some info on distractible babies...
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: baby pulling off nipple

They think that we are dive by fast food
    You might want to look into a nursing necklace. Thats just one of the cute little things you could do. There are moms on here that make their own necklace. You have to becareful of how and what you make them out of.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180