Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ibuprofen

Default Ibuprofen

Anyone happen to know if baby and mom can take ibuprofen at the same time? We gave DD some about an hour ago for her gums and I've got a splitting headache but don't want to risk overloading her. TIA!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: Ibuprofen

I seriously doubt you would BUT BUT BUT Can you take something else ?

Also - you can call her pedi and they "SHOULD" be able to answer this for you...

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks - I decided just to suffer through. I am not a fan of taking stuff usually anyway and I didn't want to take the chance. I do need to call the ped. though, cause DD has been non-stop teething for days and I think another one is coming in now and I don't want to overdo the Motrin. But DD seems just miserable.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    11/09

Have you tried the teething tablets? They worked way better than Tylenol or anything else for Nolan. The only thing Tylenol would do was put him to sleep. Our ped actually says she thinks the tablets do more...
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    Have you tried the teething tablets? They worked way better than Tylenol or anything else for Nolan. The only thing Tylenol would do was put him to sleep. Our ped actually says she thinks the tablets do more...
    We haven't... are those Hyland's?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    11/09

Yeah. I thought it was just a bunch of BS, then we were at our wits end one day, I went to the store and bought them, we put them in his mouth and seriously 5 minutes later he was playing and cooing...I wouldn't have believed it unless it happened to me!!!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

we love highlands! and if you choose to go the med route you can alternate (with pedi approval and guidelines) tylenol and motrin... but I am bigger fan of tylenol...

for teething I do love the tablets though
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Darn it - can't do the Hyland's, looks like they're in a milk sugar base.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    11/09

we are dairy free and had zero issues with hylands... I forget why but another allergy mama explained why...

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    Darn it - can't do the Hyland's, looks like they're in a milk sugar base.
    I found this. HTH!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel