Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have milk envy

Default Re: I have milk envy

I pump 3x at work and get about 18oz. I have a regular Medela PISA pump. I don't pump at home nor at night.

My LO doesn't always drink the 5 oz bottle she's given and I freak because my milk is "white gold"!!!!! Any precious ounce that is wasted freaks me out.
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    My friend that I used to babysit for that has triplets...she exclusively pumped 8x a day for 13 months. She took blessed thistle and fenugreek. She pumped anywhere from 64-72ozs a day. It was INSANE. She seriously was a jersey cow She quit at 13 months when her medela finally crapped out
    O.M.G!!!!!

I can't imagine her not finishing those bottles and the DCP just throwing it away...when I am done pumping if even a drop drips off my breastshield and onto the table I cry....
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

My friend that I used to babysit for that has triplets...she exclusively pumped 8x a day for 13 months. She took blessed thistle and fenugreek. She pumped anywhere from 64-72ozs a day. It was INSANE. She seriously was a jersey cow She quit at 13 months when her medela finally crapped out
    As an EPer, I do think SOME of us get an oversupply. In this lady's case, I know if she had triplets she needed that much, but when I first started pumping, I was so afraid I wouldn't have enough of a supply that I pumped A LOT in the beginning and was putting it away to store as much as I possibly could. I ended up with 2 stand-alone freezers full before I realized it was a bit out of control. I have been able to donate A LOT though, which is nice.

I know a lot of EPers struggle with supply. I guess it must be genetics or something, I don't know. I wish I knew what the key to success is so that I could better advise EPing mothers who come to the forum.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*knm626 View Post
    I hope she is drinking it all! i was so mad today when lo only drank 3 oz from her 5 oz bottle
    Believe me, mama, I hear ya on that! I HATE it when my LO doesn't drink all the milk and daycare has to throw it out. Drives me bonkers!!

My friend that I used to babysit for that has triplets...she exclusively pumped 8x a day for 13 months. She took blessed thistle and fenugreek. She pumped anywhere from 64-72ozs a day. It was INSANE. She seriously was a jersey cow. She quit at 13 months when her medela finally crapped out.
    HOLY MOLY, that's a lot of mama milk! I have never heard of someone with triplets who could actually sustain all 3 of them on breastmilk alone! That's amazing!!!! I can imagine she gave that Medela PISA a major workout! No wonder it crapped out on her...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number1mommy View Post
    My LO doesn't always drink the 5 oz bottle she's given and I freak because my milk is "white gold"!!!!! Any precious ounce that is wasted freaks me out.
    Yep, I am a self-proclaimed "breastmilk nazi" at daycare... the caregivers know they better make a good effort to get my LO to drink all her milk, cause I HATE it when the liquid gold gets thrown out!! I mean, they don't force-feed her or anything, but they will offer her her bottle several times in 1 hour to see if she will drink it. I once had an embarassing break-down at daycare when I cried because a caregiver only offered her her bottle once, and then promptly threw the rest out, which was something like 2 ounces! I was so upset cause I already have a hard time pumping enough to meet her daycare needs, and to have the caregiver not even think twice about throwing my milk out just about sent me through the roof. I mean, doesn't she know how hard I worked to put that milk into that bottle?? It's a lot of effort!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    ... when I am done pumping if even a drop drips off my breastshield and onto the table I cry....
    HA! I am the EXACT same way! I totally try and make sure any milk that's hanging onto my nipple at the end of a pumping session gets dripped down into the bottle!!!

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Talk about envy - I am the mom that pumps about 1.5oz per session on reglan...I am envious of you all...sigh
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

i try to pump extra for storage everyday and i get 1 ounce!!?!
    Margo
    12 mos (ap)
    married to my sweet hunny 10/01/04
    mama to my love bunny 10/17/07
    Because of her allergies, organic vegan, no soy, grains, corn, apples, pears, yeasts,flax, celery, tomatoes, garlic, onion, spices, citrus, caffeine, chocolate, sugar, honey ...

Wow! I am envious too! I pump 3x at work and once at night and I get 16oz total - and never a drop more! I wish I could get more!!!

When I EP'd for dd I was getting about 42-46 oz per day... And I can only get milk out of one breast.
    Miranda, married to my best friend, Tony 10/19/02.
    Mommy to beautiful baby girl, Elliotte 5/17/06 and handsome little man, Lane 3/7/08

birth weight: 6 lbs 4.1 oz
    left hossy @: 6 lbs 2 oz
    2 week check: 6 lbs 15 oz
    4 week check: 7 lbs 12 oz
    5 weeks 2 days: 8 lbs 12 oz
    9 weeks: 11 lbs 12 oz
    13 weeks: 13 lbs 13 oz
    19 weeks: 16 lbs 4 oz
    6mths 2wks: 18 lbs 11 oz
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...llanesiggy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jezebel View Post
    My SIL was like that, she exclusively pumped for her LO and she would come down with bags, and bags of milk to put in the fridge!! I swear she is part cow! I think she had a really good pump though, so that probably helped.

LOL! My SIL is a total COW. We always joke about that. Both of her kids were in the 90+ percentile. And my niece and nephew also have HUGE HEADS! Like over 100th. She said that all the females in her family lactate A TON!
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elandlanes.mommy View Post
    When I EP'd for dd I was getting about 42-46 oz per day... And I can only get milk out of one breast.
    ok....well now you're just bragging!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?