Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have milk envy

Default Re: I have milk envy

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ellasmama.2007 View Post
    i try to pump extra for storage everyday and i get 1 ounce!!?!
    That's actually pretty good mama almost everyone here is talking about pumping replacing a nursing session, or exclusively pumping. when your nursing AND pumping at the same time, it's much different.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

I didn't mean it to sound like bragging, sorry!!! (I also had mastitis constantly because of over supply)
    I'd really rather be able to breastfeed from both sides! (if that makes any difference)
    Miranda, married to my best friend, Tony 10/19/02.
    Mommy to beautiful baby girl, Elliotte 5/17/06 and handsome little man, Lane 3/7/08

birth weight: 6 lbs 4.1 oz
    left hossy @: 6 lbs 2 oz
    2 week check: 6 lbs 15 oz
    4 week check: 7 lbs 12 oz
    5 weeks 2 days: 8 lbs 12 oz
    9 weeks: 11 lbs 12 oz
    13 weeks: 13 lbs 13 oz
    19 weeks: 16 lbs 4 oz
    6mths 2wks: 18 lbs 11 oz
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...llanesiggy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elandlanes.mommy View Post
    I didn't mean it to sound like bragging, sorry!!!
    Oh I'm just joking mama!

I'm just jealous!!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I knew you were (I just wanted to make sure no one really thought I was bragging)
    Miranda, married to my best friend, Tony 10/19/02.
    Mommy to beautiful baby girl, Elliotte 5/17/06 and handsome little man, Lane 3/7/08

birth weight: 6 lbs 4.1 oz
    left hossy @: 6 lbs 2 oz
    2 week check: 6 lbs 15 oz
    4 week check: 7 lbs 12 oz
    5 weeks 2 days: 8 lbs 12 oz
    9 weeks: 11 lbs 12 oz
    13 weeks: 13 lbs 13 oz
    19 weeks: 16 lbs 4 oz
    6mths 2wks: 18 lbs 11 oz
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...llanesiggy.jpg

I have a double electric (not a very good one) TFY Soothie Pump...and I swear I can get more out using just my medela hand pump
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

I only bf from one side too! I haven't met (or heard!) of anyone else who has done this. Which side is your good one? (We nicknamed mine Jan and Marsha...Marsha makes all the milk and Jan is envious of her! )
    EDD 6/21/10
    BF Madeline Grace since 2/5/2008
    Blake 9/23/00
    Cole 7/16/03
    Alex 9/19/04

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    My friend that I used to babysit for that has triplets...she exclusively pumped 8x a day for 13 months. She took blessed thistle and fenugreek. She pumped anywhere from 64-72ozs a day. It was INSANE. She seriously was a jersey cow She quit at 13 months when her medela finally crapped out
    holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smokess thats crazyyy!! shes one amazing mama for sure!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kerralynn3 View Post
    I only bf from one side too! I haven't met (or heard!) of anyone else who has done this. Which side is your good one? (We nicknamed mine Jan and Marsha...Marsha makes all the milk and Jan is envious of her! )
    That's hysterical! I'm pumping now...I get 3-4 oz from the right and 1-2 from the left. I pump twice at work and then before bed. I make enough for three 4 oz bottles for day care and hopefully a little extra for just-in-case moments or to freeze.

I take fenugreek...what's dopamaride (sp)?

I never had luck with the pump. I eitehr got just enough or would fall a little short....
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."