Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: has anyone tried cabage?

Default has anyone tried cabage?

when i was at the hospital they said you could use cabage to dry your breastmilk up by going over it with a rolling pin to break the viens in the leaves and then putting it on your breast. i was just wondering if anyone has tried this?

i have a 13 month old daughter whom i have just weaned and i kinda want to get rid of my milk now that she is not using it

tia

Default Re: has anyone tried cabage?

yup it works..
    did you quit nursing cold turkey?

no not cold turkey...then my breast would be up to my chin lol.

we weaned slowly and i was holding on to the one nursing session that we were still getting in when she woke up in the am but finally she would not take that either and if she did it was only for a couple minutes and she would pop on and off the breast alot. so i let that one go a couple of days ago but ive always had a bit of and oversuply issue so i am worried that after a couple of days im going to be painfully engorged and i hate hand expressing cuz it kinda hurts. my breast are already very full from not nursing for the last two mornings.
    this may be a lil tmi but my bf sqeezed my breast very lightly this am and milk just came squirting out like crazy lol so im wanting to dry it up in the next couple of days or so. that way im dont get really engorged and start leaking.

so i guess im going to be running around with cabage in my bra!

so she was just down to that one feeding?
    You might want to just hand express a little bit just to make yourself feal beter
    try it in the shower...

Wow! your situatuon is just like mine. My LO is 13 months as well, and weaning happened quit easily for us, she stopped feeding for the past couple of days as well and now my breast are very very engorged, and it doesn't feel good. The cabbage doesn't even seem to work for me. Did you get any info on other things that work? I'm feel like my breast are watermelons!
    Just solids now

Married to the love of my life since March 17th 2007

Adasah Paula Carmona born: September 6th 2007
    7lbs 2oz/19in long