Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding and Teething

Default Breastfeeding and Teething

My 8 month old has recently changed his latch. He latches on and then pushes away from my body with his arms, pulling my breast with him. He seems to want to stay this way throughout the entire feeding, but it is a very poor latch and it hurts me. I have tried to prevent it by not allowing him to push away, but he just gets fussy and keeps trying. I wonder if it is because he is teething. Has anyone heard of this happening, and if so, how can I teach him to stop?

Default Re: Breastfeeding and Teething

If it is due to teething, this resource may offer some helpful information - let us know what you think
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My DD does that same thing. She already has 2 teeth and I don't think anymore are coming in. She has done this for a couple of weeks and I am still strugling to get her to stop.
    Wife to Levi 10/05/02
    Mommy to Kady 02/13/08

Birth: 7 lbs 11 oz 21 inches
    2 week: 8.5 lbs 21.5 inches
    2 month: 11.8 lbs 23 inches
    4 month: 15 lbs 25 inches
    6 month: 17.7lbs 26.5 inches
    9 month: 20.1lbs 27.5 inches
    12 month: 23 lbs 29.5 inches

Mine has gone through a few phases of this. I've been lucky and it hasn't lasted more than a few days and she self corrects.

Thanks, I have been saying no, and telling him it hurts mommy. I am not sure if he understands, but it seems to distract him enough to stop for awhile. I hope this doesn't last!!