Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hindmilk imbalance still!

Default Re: hindmilk imbalance still!

I do not drink or eat alot of dairy products, and it does not look like diarhea. She only stools once a day or so. Also, when she was getting at least a few bottles of pumped milk a day, she did fine and that was before she started block feeding.
    I think I had a huge oversupply partly due to pumping exclusively for over a week. My supply does seem to have reduced more in the past day or 2, so I am hoping maybe the imbalance will regulate soon.
    I am wondering if maybe I try to give her a bottle or 2 of my pumped milk everyday if that might help her regulate, then maybe after a week trying to to cut it out again? Or would that maybe make matters worse?
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

I know I'm late popping on to this thread, but it took my body a long time to adjust to block feeding. I started out at 4 hour intervals but still struggled with an upset baby and engorgement. Then I bumped it up to 8 hour blocks at 2 months until 4 months where she was still not able to comfort nurse and I still got engorged. Then at 16 weeks I went up to 12 hour blocks and that's where I still am at 11 months. During the adjustment periods I would have to hand express to relieve any serious pressure, but I would stay away from pumping and bottle feeding if you could, as you LO will get bigger and hopefully start to help you manage the o/s.

Just an update: things are improving. She actually pooped 4 days in a row! She had one normal looking poop, then my supply went back up a little bit and back to green we went, but at least it lets me know we seem to be on the right track.I have been reading lately about probiotics so maybe we will check about these. Thanks for the help end encouragement.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*chelseamom View Post
    Just an update: things are improving. She actually pooped 4 days in a row! She had one normal looking poop, then my supply went back up a little bit and back to green we went, but at least it lets me know we seem to be on the right track.I have been reading lately about probiotics so maybe we will check about these. Thanks for the help end encouragement.
    It's good to hear from you. Yay for pooping four days in a row!
    Marianne
    LLL Leader