Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: refusing the highchair

Default Re: refusing the highchair

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! THe clip on monkey booster seat might work, and Joshua loves monkeys. I am trying to let him sit with us at the table, I think he just wants to be "a big boy"
    I will try setting a place for him on the floor too (with a mat) that's a good idea.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

yeah I had to get rid of the high chair early with my dd she was less then 2 and she was climbing in and out and that wasn't safe!
    She will sit at the table with us for a short time and then she is ready to get down and play.
    I would leave her plate and 9 time out of 10 she would come back and finish it with in 20 mins of getting up.

gets harder when you have older kids.

Wayne went thru this phase too. Youwant to know my trick.... I put his favourite toy on the tray until i get the food and i buckle him immediately. Then i get his food and keep the toy at the side. Mind you, I still feed Wayne most of the time, the only thing that he likes feeding himself is pasta and oven chips
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu