Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Time with your kids

Default Time with your kids

How do you wonderful mommas manage your time with your kiddos? I have a toddler and a 2 mo. old who both will be attending daycare full time this year. I am ebf my infant. My problem is that especially because of the breast feeding the baby comes "first" and my time with my toddler is limited. It breaks my heart! Any thoughts on how to deal? It is so much harder for me this year to go back to work! I hate the time away from both of them and I always feel like I have to do chores when I'm home just to keep up. Send me some words of encouragement please!

Default Re: Time with your kids

Well I only have the one but I know how you feel. Chores are never ending, so I just do what I can and try to involve K as much as she's willing...she's 2. Otherwise, it's the park, the pool and the zoo in the summer.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I worked for a short time after ds2 was born and it is hard. Ds1 was 25 months when his brother was born and sometimes would ask where his brother was if I had the baby in a sling and he was asleep. Do you have help at home where someone could watch the baby for an hour on Saturday mornings and you and your toddler could go to the park or something special where your toddler is your focus? Remember the house work will wait, but your kids will only be this age once.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Sling that baby up and get to playing with the toddler
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Great ideas... it is SOOO hard, my baby is young and high needs, but I like it!

I especially like the Saturday morning babysitting idea.

Hoping to go part time next year, if I can... we'll see!

This darn economy!