Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Focused on eating Mexican Rice from our plates but not nursing during the day, night

Red face Focused on eating Mexican Rice from our plates but not nursing during the day, night

Hello,

A background information, my daughter yesterday had only one solid food serving before this incident.

But, my husband and I are having conversations about distractability while breastfeeding...and while we were having our dinner, at 9:30pm, our daughter was very focused, as he said, on eating Mexican Rice, from our plate.

She just was loving eating the Mexican rice.

Does that mean she wants to eat more solids? Or you think she was just having her dinner time, just like we were?

I can only nurse well at night, and this is normal by my internet reading.

Thank you,

Ana

Default Re: Focused on eating Mexican Rice from our plates but not nursing during the day, ni

did you let her self feed?

Default Re: Focused on eating Mexican Rice from our plates but not nursing during the day, ni

How old is your baby?

Way too lazy for formula

Hello,

My baby girl is 7 months old. And, yes, I did her self feed the Mexican Rice. That night, I've offered her more solids because she just wanted.

Throughout the day I offer the breast to my daughter, but she doesn't nurse for more then 3 seconds.

I mainly feed her at night between midnight and 5:30am. As soon as the sun is up, she thinks she has many things to attend.

Thank you much,

Ana

I think ist the age, they are very intrerested in things arround them. My DS is 7mo as well and he is extreamly distractable during the day for nursing, he to will nurse for literally 1 min and then be done, it has to be very quiet for me to even get him to eat a decent amount, and its hard to get somwhere quiet with a 20mo. he also is very interested in what we are eatting, even if he just ate he wants what we are having. i have just started feeding him, solids, when we eat, or giving him some of what we are having, cuz other wise he cries through our meal. Goood luck!
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

My LO was an all night nurser at that age, and was too busy during the day too.
    About the rice...if she is having no reactions/allergies to it, and is able to mash it in her mouth and swallow it okay, then I do not see a problem with it

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Thank you ladies,

I am lucky to have you around,

Ana