Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone make homemade babyfood??

Default Re: Anyone make homemade babyfood??

I freeze the purees in a silicone mini muffin tray. The mini muffins are the right size and they pop out very easy. I then store the frozen "muffins" in ziploc baggies. Most frozen purees are good for about 1 month this way.

you've gotten a lot of great suggestions for freezing purees!

however, if you're not intersted in freezing them, I would suggest the magic bullet or some sort of hand blender. That way there isn't much clean up and you can just make single servings.

I have a magic bullet and it's super easy to clean.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

thanks for all the suggestions!!! im glad to hear that i can freeze fruit purrees! sounds good, thanks!!!
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future