Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone make homemade babyfood??

Default Anyone make homemade babyfood??

Im into making homemade purees for my DS. my questioon is...... How do you keep fruit purees?? i have been cutting up a piece of fruit and pureeing it evertime i give him fruit and its a pain in the butt to get the pureeer out every time, but when i puree a bunch, of peaches for example, adn store them in the fridge the turn brown within a day or so. anyone have any ideas?? i have also tried buying him canned fruit and it keeps longer in the fridge, but when fresh fruit is in season i would rather give that. can i freeze the fresh peaches or pears after pureed ??
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

Default Re: Anyone make homemade babyfood??

Here is a great website.....http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

HTH
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

Yes, you can definitely freeze the purees. I put them in ice cube trays, freeze them and then transfer the cubes to a freezer bag.

You could also just consider mashing the fruit with a fork each time, instead of getting out the blender or food processor. A ripe peach is pretty soft and IME it doesn't need to be the consistency of pudding for most kids that age.
    Mom to A&B (we're 3!) and baby M

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dojomom View Post
    Yes, you can definitely freeze the purees. I put them in ice cube trays, freeze them and then transfer the cubes to a freezer bag.
    did this with both fruit & veg purees.
    2005 2008

I also make homemade baby food and I freeze the fruits.

I make all Nolan's food homemade, except we don't make purees anymore. When I did at first, I just froze all the extra and then pulled it out of the freezer the night before he was going to eat it.

You can basically freeze anything. Fruits, veggies, garbanzo beans....

HTH!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

We just give our son (born 14 Jan 08) french fry sized pieces of soft foods and let him work on them. He's pretty effective with his gums! Some things I cut up to be bite-sized, but mostly I let him bite pieces off.

But, the cubes of frozen puree do rock, and you can put a still-frozen cube in a mesh feeder for some teething-feeding fun.

use the freezer and ice cube trays and take them out either the night before or even just before and put it in a separate zip lock back and run it under warm water to defrost faster!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Muffin tins work good for freezing purees too and have a variety of sizes.

I froze all of ourr baby purees in ice cube trays too!! It works fantasatic..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones