Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWO YEARS!!! We did it!

Default TWO YEARS!!! We did it!

I can't believe it! We made it to two years! And the end is nowhere in sight...he loves kikis! I'm probably as surprised as my relatives - I had no idea our nursing relationship would continue this long, but I'm thrilled. I honestly believe it is part of the reason he's such a happy, well-balanced little man. I had no deadline in mind when I started, I just took each day as it came.

I'm happy to share this wonderfully good news in a week where I'm anxiously awaiting a second ultrasound after an inconclusive first u/s at 4 weeks. I guess I'm back to taking each day as it comes, right?

I'd like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your support through endless issues, big and little, over the past couple of years. I could not have done this alone. The mamas here continually inspire me to make the changes in myself, my routine, my family and my parenting to try and be the best mother I can possibly be. Thank you.
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

Default Re: TWO YEARS!!! We did it!

Well done mamma and HB to your LO. I two have just reached the two year mark and share in your sentiments.

Well done and what an achievement! Your an inspiration to so many.

Keep up the good work and wishing you all the luck with your U/S next week.

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

Happy Birthday to your LO and WOW, congratulations to you!! I used to think (not very long ago) that two was sooooo old to be nursing, but they get so much from it, don't they?

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

Congratulations to you and your son! It's great that he still loves kikis (, what a cute name!) and so sweet that you're still there giving them to him. Good job, Mama!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congratulations on this milestone!! Happy b-day to your LO and best of luck with your test results.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Congrats!! How wonderful!! And to your LO.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Just writing to let you know we had the second ultrasound yesterday and saw baby in the uterus and heard (and saw) the heartbeat. It turns out I was not nearly as far along as I thought and there just wasn't anything to see last time. My cycle is irregular and I had some bleeding and we weren't sure whether it was a period, random spotting (I get a lot of that), implantation bleeding or something more sinister, so we couldn't tell how far along the pregnancy was. Turns out to be just over 6 weeks, due April 21st!
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

What a relief for you. Congratulations, and wishes for an uneventful PG. (Am so glad you posted. Was wondering....)