Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LO refusing bottle @ daycare

Question LO refusing bottle @ daycare

hi there ladies,
    i've been doing pretty well on starting my 9-month old daughter on solids for 2x/day now. i still BF on demand when i am w/ her but pump 2x while at work to make 2- 3oz. bottles for her at daycare. she eats a whole 2nd stage solid w/ oatmeal at daycare for breakfast time (around 9am) before her 1st bottle which is at around 10am. she BF's right before i take her to daycare @ 7:30am. she BF's still 7-8x total in a given day including 2 bottles (when taken).

in the past week, our sitter noted that she's been refusing her 2nd bottle which is usually around 1-2pm. sometimes it switches where she refuses the 1st. so it seems like she's dropping a bottle during the day. i thought it was temporary but it has been a week now. her sleep has been pretty heavy and i think it has a lot to do w/ her major milestones which she has been going thru such as the crawling and hoisting herself up on her own to stand w/ support.

now, do i drop a pumping session at work to just make one bottle? i was also thinking of adding another solid meal for lunchtime to make up for the lost bottle. does this sound reasonable? i just wanna make sure she eats enough and doesn't lose the calories she had w/ the 2nd bottle as i'm aware BM has more calories than solids content-wise. i'm also worried about getting all clogged up and engorged if i immediately drop a pumping session while at work.

any input is appreciated!!!
    -Mahina
    & &
    11/25/07

Default Re: LO refusing bottle @ daycare

Maybe some others will chime in here...but I would still pump, if it isn't a problem for you. It may just be a phase and she'll go back to taking that second bottle. Also, EBM is good for a week in the fridge, so you can just ask your DCP to hold onto it and see if she'll take it the next day. If not, you can use the milk to make her cereal/oatmeal and then you know she's getting some milk. Also, if nothing else...you can freeze the milk.

Good luck and hopefully others will chime in here.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Default Re: LO refusing bottle @ daycare

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    Maybe some others will chime in here...but I would still pump, if it isn't a problem for you. It may just be a phase and she'll go back to taking that second bottle. Also, EBM is good for a week in the fridge, so you can just ask your DCP to hold onto it and see if she'll take it the next day. If not, you can use the milk to make her cereal/oatmeal and then you know she's getting some milk. Also, if nothing else...you can freeze the milk.

Good luck and hopefully others will chime in here.
    Yeah that!
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09