Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will they ever be the same?

Default Will they ever be the same?

9 months of pumping and I am going for at least 9 more. I never needed to pump with my first DD. So, I am curious if my nipples will ever go back the way they were or will I forever have my "high beams on" as my DH refers to them? It is like the pump has molded them into a new shape, pointy cones! I feel uncomfortable wearing t-shirts because my nipples are always showing (sticking out...however you want to describe it), even when I use breast pads!
    Will I have to continue to wear big baggy clothing? Maybe I should just get over it and show the word how happy I am to be a nursing mom

Any words of encouragement? or suggestions?

Default Re: Will they ever be the same?

All I can say is "Show off those high beams!" Wear them like a proud badge of motherhood!

I have been wondering the same exact thing about my girls...I guess we will find out!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Default Re: Will they ever be the same?

i think my nipples will go back to normal (i hope!)
    if not, it was worth it! haha
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.