Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Drink mix to increase supply

Default Drink mix to increase supply

A friend of a friend sent me a drink mix which supposedly has given her a huge milk supply. It's ground corn, cinnamon, and anise. She mixes it with milk and drinks it. Has anyone ever heard of this?
    Stay at home mom to my 2 boys:
    R - born 4/20/08, nursed for 20 months
    G - born 8/6/11, EPd for 4 months, until he refused the bottle!
    Loving CDing this time around!

Default Re: Drink mix to increase supply

Never heard of a drink mix or those things by themselves increasing supply. But then again I didn't do a lot of research into any of that since I didn't need it. I've just stuck to good ol' oatmeal and water

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

kellymom has great herbs and other ideas to increase milk. i have never heard of that mix though..
    Mommy to:
    Nathaniel 2/28/05
    Boy/Girl Twins: Raymond 17w4d & Candice 5/22/06
    Lana 12/22/07

Missing Wylder 9w5d
    TTCAL for another nursling!

I've never heard of those things together being directly related to an increase (not that they don't) but theoretically any increase in fluids would tend to increase supply (aside from alcohol of course )

I'll assume you're worried about your supply? If so - have you seen this resource?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I was concerned about my supply at the beginning based on what I was able to pump. However, I rented a baby scale and learned that I'm producing just enough for my LO. My friend thought I might want the drink mix in the future, so I was curious if anyone had heard of those ingredients being helpful for supply. Thanks for the input!
    Stay at home mom to my 2 boys:
    R - born 4/20/08, nursed for 20 months
    G - born 8/6/11, EPd for 4 months, until he refused the bottle!
    Loving CDing this time around!

Glad you found out "low" pump output doesn't indicate low supply - baby is indeed much more efficient!!! I'd just as soon keep the above link handy in the case of a next time that you might be concerned... no reason to treat something that isn't a problem...

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.