Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nuts, peanuts... what's the story?

Default nuts, peanuts... what's the story?

when did you feed nuts to your lo? how about peanuts and peanut butter?
    thanks.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Default Re: nuts, peanuts... what's the story?

If there is no other signs of Food allergies, after the year point. If you have experienced ANY other signs of food allergies, since nuts are very high on the list, I believe you are supposed to wait until the 3year point. At least that is what an allergist will caution you to do.

Way too lazy for formula

I think the actual recommendation is 2 years for any nuts. I don't know anyone that actually waits that long though, unless they are afraid of food allergies.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

I waited until 2 yrs for DD1, but DD2 got a hold of DD1's peanut butter just recently at around 17 months. Thankfully, both are not allergic. With DD1, though, I introduced it to her in the waiting room of ped's office on 2 year well check - JIC

Nuts are a choking hazard. They say pb or other nut butters are fine now as long as there are no allergies but the whole nuts are a choking hazard.

according to this resource it's 2 yo. for nuts in general (except for peanuts which it says is 3 yo)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

The AAP changed their stance on it earlier this year. They now say that it does not matter when you introduce high allergy foods. http://foodallergies.about.com/od/ad...elaysolids.htm

Of course, I don't think nuts and toddlers mix, but that is my own personal fear.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama-cpa View Post
    With DD1, though, I introduced it to her in the waiting room of ped's office on 2 year well check - JIC
    GREAT idea!
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.