Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The mini pill and bfing

Default The mini pill and bfing

I am not sure where to post this questions, but here goes...
    I have been taking the mini pill for a week and AF visited yesterday. Is this normal? Does the pill make you start earlier than you would otherwise? And if so, shouldn't I start when I am on my last week of pills?

Also how does your menses affect bfing if at all, such as taste, etc?

Default Re: The mini pill and bfing

Check the info they gave you with the minipills. Some b/c is more likely to be accompanied by breakthrough bleeding, which isn't really a real period.

Thanks, I will check on that.

POPs shouldn't be taken if your goal is be regular. I have had spotting while on POPs too. I have been on it for 2 mo now and have only had spotting one, no AF. Also, all of the pills in your pack are active including the pills on the last row. Be sure to take them every day, at the same time.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

i took those for about 4 months and i would spot some. i stopped taking them when i found out that you really do have to take them at the same exact time everyday or they are not as effective. thats when i got an IUD (mirena) and i love it. no more pills to remember!!! and no spotting (well maybe like once a months when i go pee, but thats all)
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines

It may not be an actual period yet. It could be spotting or break-through bleeding which is mistaken for AF. By starting the pill you could spot or break-through bleed the first few months until your body adjusts. I was on the mini pill for over a year and it never seemed to affect my supply.
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen