Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump Problem?

Default Pump Problem?

I have suddenly dropped in supply and it does not seem my Medela PIS Advanced is working as well as when I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just used to it now? I can still get letdown , but can't pump much out no matter what time of day and I was always able to get 5-8oz now can barely get 1-2oz. I have heard your body can quit being fooled by a pump any advice?

Default Re: Pump Problem?

Have you replaced the parts that are wearable lately? Like the membranes?
    That can have a big effect. Also did you buy your pump new? If not most single user pumps have a "life" to the motor. You can also contact Medela if you suspect it's a motor problem and it's still under a year old.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Default Re: Pump Problem?

Call Medela. They are pretty helpful with troubleshooting. I've had to get mine replaced before, they do wear out. They were very helpful and prompt in getting a new one sent out to me.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine