Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: got the blues

Unhappy got the blues

This is probably a teething strike but I am still as sad. Last night Lily didn't nurse. I thought nothing of it cause she has been fussy and I just thought that she'd wake earlier to nurse thru the night. She woke normally (at 2am) but with a bone dry diaper. I freaked. All she wanted to do was snuggle and suck her thumb. Today she has been extra fussy. She has been eating solids pretty normally. I gave her, her sippy cup first thing this morning and she took it. So that did help my fears of her not peeing.

This morning I felt like I had a handle on the situation, little did I know that I didn't have a handle on my emotions. I think AF is coming any day now so that's not helping. This morning I thought 'fine if she wants to stop nursing... good cause I want my boobs back.' I thought of my options for replacing my milk. None are really good options. I pumped 4 times today and boy did that not go well. She wont drink my milk from a cup or a bottle. She wont drink cows milk (I had to try everything) She will only drink water with a small splash of juice. Wean or no wean how do I get milk into her? I am so afraid of drying up!

I'm sure I am probably worried over a small obstacle, but I'm kinda sad about this. Whether if shes done or not, shes killing me. I only want the best for her and right now it doesn't seam the best is me
    Last edited by @llli*lilybug; August 10th, 2008 at 07:06 PM.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Default Re: got the blues

~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I would just keep offering your milk to her, whether from you or from a sippy. Nursing strikes are no fun

She slept thru the night last night for the fist time. She woke about 6 which is pretty normal for her. I snuggled her in the rocking chair. I pulled out my boob so she could see it and then layed it on her cheek. I didn't want to upset her, but I wanted her to know it was still there. I pulled my nipple to her face and don't cha know she freaked at me.

I took her down stairs and warmed up what milk I did pump out yesterday. I am lucky that I even had a bottle in the house. She's never taken to the bottle. Well she ended up taking 4 oz.

What makes me so sad is that I had no warning. I can't even dream feed her. It's been a 1 1/2 day and still looks like she standing strong on this. Today we are going on our first outing since not nursing. I have to pack extra stuff. I will still wear my nursing bra, for that just incase. On one hand I feel like I can have my body back and on the other I feel like she is no longer my little baby. I feel empty...
    Last edited by @llli*lilybug; August 10th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

Today was good, I guess. She did take a little milk from her sippy cup. I tried offering nursing so many times and she still no longer wants anything to do with it. I cried so many times today.

When I was in the shower I noticed a lump in one breast. I cried at the thought of hand expression in the shower, and I cried at the thought of being hooked up to the hard cold plastic pump. I was able to pump until the breast was soft again. It still kinda hurts, so I guess I will have to atleast pump 2x a day. I know I can give it to her in her cup, it just saddens me to think we will never nurse again.

When I put her to bed tonight I cried (again ) because all I could do was hold her, there will be no more gazes into my eyes, no more pinches and tugs I loved switching sides with her. She would be half asleep and talking up a storm. I always thought she was telling me she loved me, and how loved I made her feel.

We are done. (GOD I gotta be starting my period) shes done...

Thank you for sharring this with me... I really don't have anyone who really understands what this feels like.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

OMG mama i must've missed this thread, I'm so sorry you're going through this alone. I wish I could give you a real hug!!

maybe it's just a strike? Silas is the same age as Lily and I can't dream of him weaning yet!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Thinking of you.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Keep trying. Try to relax. She's only 9MO right? So, she needs either EBM or Formula. Can you talk to an LC? Sometimes nursing strikes can just be as simple as a new smell she doesn't like. Have you recently switched deodorants, worn a new perfume or are you using a new soap? I really hope this strike ends soon

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I just started using perfume a few times here and there. If this is all because of me I will die! I keep thinking it might be because shes been pulling my hair (not while nursing) and I had to get (whats the word) not really forceful but you know what I mean.... I had to tell her no no no for the first time! I keep telling her "Tell me what you want, I'll give you my world "

I'm up around the time she normally wakes.... I keep thinking shes gonna wake any moment. It looks like shes sleeping thru the night again tonight. Thats a positive right? I'm pumping again.... I hate doing this, with a stupid machine. But I'm getting lumps now.

I realized that I wore my nursing tank top to bed. When I fell asleep I snuggled into my beds sheets and I could smell her nursing.... I had to make myself stop. I forgot we had a certian smell.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07