Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green poop, green poop and more green poop!

Default Green poop, green poop and more green poop!

my lo is regularly having green bm's. I know that is an indication of too much foremilk but i don't know how to fix it. I nurse her until she slows down on the one side. I burp her and offer her the same side, but she becomes very angry. She'll cry, bite, or simple show no interest. I've tried breast compressions but there is never a second letdown that i'm aware of. If i offer her the other breast she'll settle down and eat away...any suggestions
    born 03/24/11, and and
    born 03/21/08 Breastfed for 2 yrs, and still when needed

Default Re: Green poop, green poop and more green poop!

are the poops frothy? Because if it's just the colour, green is one of the "normal" colours. Here is a great link that talks about the rainbow of acceptable poops.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: Green poop, green poop and more green poop!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    are the poops frothy? Because if it's just the colour, green is one of the "normal" colours. Here is a great link that talks about the rainbow of acceptable poops.
    Great link! My DD has been having combo greenish/yellowish stools and I thought I had a foremilk imbalance again. Reading this article gives me great relief.

I love this forum!
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months