Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no eye contact while BF

Default no eye contact while BF

Ok maybe I am being too sensitive, but I wonder why DS NEVER makes eye contact with me while nursing? Anybody else experience that. He does make eye contact when he is not being held by me, but not often when I am holding him, and never when I feed him.

anybody else experience this. Is this normal? DS is 7.5 months now.

Default Re: no eye contact while BF

My LO doesn't make eye contact with me when nursing either. : (
    Stay at home mom to my 2 boys:
    R - born 4/20/08, nursed for 20 months
    G - born 8/6/11, EPd for 4 months, until he refused the bottle!
    Loving CDing this time around!

DD was over a year old before she made eye-contact while nursing for the first time. Now she does all the time. Plus smiles, laughs, gives hugs and kisses... Hang in there! Your LO will learn to treasure these moments with time!

My dd1 nursed for 16.5 months and rarely made eye contact, when she did...she was a lot older.

My dd2 made eye contact from the beginning. They are both healthy, happy girls...no problems!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

My DS is 8.5 months and doesn't make eye contact while nursing either. I wish he would! He makes a lot of eye contact at other times though. I'm encouraged by the fact that other mamas have said that sometimes they start doing this at an older age.

Try to remember that making or not making eye contact is one of the only things a young baby can actually control. It's actually pretty normal that your baby would test "ignoring" or "playing hard to get" with you the primary caregiver. JUST KEEP TRYING!

Way too lazy for formula

aww i was just struggling with the same thing.. my lo is 6 weeks and he either closes his eyes or looks straight ahead..

he glanced at me today tho and it made me happy.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.