Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wound on breast

Default Wound on breast

Today I went to see the dermatologist and mentioned that I had a freckle/mole underneath my left breast that seemed to stretch out during pregnancy/nursing. She wanted to take a sample of it to make sure it isn't cancerous so she did, and I left, not thinking much of it.

Well, few hours later I'm getting ready to hop in the shower and I take off the band-aid. There is a big open sore about an inch below my nipple - about the size of a cigarette burn. Grossed me out! Anyway I'm too squeamish to nurse DD on that side right now and the pump flanges would also hit the area, so should I just try to express some manually? Thankfully it is the side that barely produces anything and DD only nurses on it about 2 minutes out of the day, so it definitely won't get engorged.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: Wound on breast

It sounds like they probably froze it off. That, IMO, is the worst way to get them removed. Can you put a bandaid over it while you nurse? If you can't nurse or pump, definitely hand express!
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*smidgin View Post
    It sounds like they probably froze it off. That, IMO, is the worst way to get them removed. Can you put a bandaid over it while you nurse? If you can't nurse or pump, definitely hand express!
    Actually, she sliced it. Gave me a shot of some numbing stuff and then used a razor blade-type thing.

I do have a band-aid over it, but I guess I'm just afraid it will hurt. I tried hand-expressing a bit... maybe tomorrow it will be all better.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I've found that getting them cut of is less painful then getting the frozen. I'm sure a sensitive spot like that would be bad either way. It will probably be sensitive for a couple/few days. I would think hand expessing effectively would hurt worse then nursing. Either way, whatever you can do that works for now. It shouldn't take very long to heal!
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker