Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Foods that might irritate baby

Default Foods that might irritate baby

I'm wondering if some things I'm eating might be making DD fussy. I'm going to cut dairy and see if that helps, what other foods should I avoid? And should I just skip the obvious forms of diary since it's not an allergy, I just want to see if it makes a difference.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

Default Re: Foods that might irritate baby

My friend just had a baby and she said her pedi recommended cutting caffein, brocolli, chocolate, and I *think* spicy foods. I never had problems with food I ate, but if you cut out everything that could possibly be giving gas, then you can always reintroduce it later.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

my lc said that the whole idea of avoiding broccoli or chocolate or other 'fussy' foods is a myth and to eat what you like. that being said, there is always the possibility of an allergy or sensitivity, like to dairy, soy, nuts, etc. here is a link to kelly mom that i found helpful: http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...nsitivity.html
    good luck, i hope things get better for you!

How does the fussiness present itself? Is gas also accompanying the fussines?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

She does seem gassy when she is fussy, that's why I thought maybe it was something I was eating. DS never seemed to mind what I ate so I'm new to this.

The only other thing I can think of is that she likes to cluster feed in the afternoon and is getting frustrated that my supply isn't there yet. The food thing is the only thing I can control right now so I thought I'd give it a try.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

My pedi told me to avoid citrus type fruits (berries, oranges, limes-lemons, tomatoes, etc.), greasy food, spicy foods, all the other obvious ones that other mommas have posted. I too heard that all this is a myth and that you can eat what you want unless your LO develops a food allergy at which time you do need to pin point what it is and you can only do this by eliminating certain foods.

GL!
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months