Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: White Poop help!

Default White Poop help!

OK, so my daughter has had watery/green/yellow/brown poops for 5 weeks now. Took her to GP last week who did a stool sample (results not back yet)

Today I changed her nappy and it was dark green and runny but had white stringy bits in - I can only describe as cottage cheese!

I phoned the doc surgery and spoke to the triage nurse who offered us an appointment for tomorrow. I am quite worried though as I have read on the net that it could be a sign of a liver problem.

She looks and acts totally healthy and has no jaundice. I am certain she is teething though and has a cold so I am wondering if these things could cause bits of white poop?

Anyone had the same experience or can offer me any advice?

Default Re: White Poop help!

how old is your lo?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Nolan has had that off and on since he was born. WAY more when he was just strictly BF. I was told it is just normal BM poop, nice and curdy. Hopefully it is the same thing!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

she is 4 months old

Yes, I wasnt sure if it is maybe the curds but the bits were quite big. And arent the curds usually yellow? or in her case green!!

there has also been mucous present at various stages throughout the last 5 weeks! I think the only colour Im now waiting for is Blue.......

I will let you know what the doc says tomorrow and hopefully her results will be in.

Keep us posted, mama.
    Robin