Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10.5 month old now refusing EBM!!

Default 10.5 month old now refusing EBM!!

DS is 10.5 months old. I have pumped at work so grandma can give him EBM bottles during the day since he was 8 weeks old. This past week he has been refusing his bottles. We've tried different sippy cups also. He loves water from the twist cap bottles so we tried that too, but he still won't take it. I nurse him in the AM before work and before bed at night. I'm now trying to add in another session around 5 before dinner. Is this normal?? What do I do? I'm worried he isn't getting enough milk. He nurses with no problem, but I work full time so I rely on him taking the bottle. I don't want to try weaning him to regular milk this early, but I hate that he gets no bottles during the day (from 5:30 AM when I nurse him until 5 PM at night----12 hours). Any suggestions??? I have been stressed all week about it! I hate that I end up pumping and then the milk goes to waste becuase his grandma heats it up and offters it to him throughout the day and then we have to discard it.

Default Re: 10.5 month old now refusing EBM!!

Here is a great resource for alternative feeding methods for older babies ...

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/a...ing.html#older

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Default Re: 10.5 month old now refusing EBM!!

Thanks for the input. THis weekend he nursed during the times he would usually have a bottle at his grandmother's house so I don't think it's a matter of not wanting it. ALthough, he only nursed off one side and then just wanted to continue playing. IT just seems like he doesn't want to stop what he's doing to nurse...except first thing in the morning and then at night or if he's tired and wants to nap.
    I'll try mixing it with some stuff. HIs grandmother does mix a little with his cereal in the morning.
    Any other suggestions would be helpful...or at least knowing someone else went through this same phase!