Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Another question about the thrush ointment

Default Another question about the thrush ointment

What is the official name of the nipple ointment you guys recommended? Is it just Jack Newmans Nipple OIntment?

I said that to the pharmacist and she kept telling me she needed to know the real name of the ointment?

What should I ask for?

Default Re: Another question about the thrush ointment

It's called All Purpose Nipple Ointment. You'll have to have a compounding pharmacy make it- they mix 3-4 medicines together to make it. Print this page out and take it to your doctor.

http://www.drjacknewman.com/index.ph...d=39&Itemid=69

If that link doesn't work, go to www.drjacknewman.com click on breastfeeding help, then on sore nipple handouts, then candida protocol.

Good Luck!

The thrush medicine I was give by my doctor is Nystatin. It comes in a liquid for the babie's cheeks and in a tube of ointment for your nipples. The ointment is good for diaper rash caused by thrush as well. I recommend this medicine. It is fast!

Hi there I am new here but have a lot of experiance with thrush!!!! My D and I got it when he was13 days old......we have had it 3 times since he is now 7 weeks old. I was told to take the Nystatin ointment and mix it with Mycolog (Sp) ointment OR Triple Aintibiotic cream. This worked but then I became resistant to it.....so they sent me a bottle of Nystatin powder......WOOHOOO that did it. Also plain (no sugar.....tons of live cultures, Stoneryfield works best I am tld and is what I used) yogurt on your nipples works well too, LC actally had me eating it putting it on my niples and smearing around babes mouth (not in just on) I have now been free and c;ear fpr 14 days!!!!!