Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no tears today!

Smile no tears today!

Success! I've only been back at work 2 days, but I left dd with my mil 3 times last week to start preparing her. Each day there were tears and tears and fighting with the bottle of ebm. So today I got home expecting to be met with a crying baby, but no, she actually took all the milk I left (about 8 oz). Yay! Hopefully she'll continue to do well. Now I just have to make sure I can pump enough for her to eat as my mil thought she was still hungry. I do have a little freezer stash, but mil was scared to touch it. '

It's still sad to leave her each day, but if she's eating and playing, I feel so much better!

Default Re: no tears today!

Congrats! I've been back at work for 3 weeks now and I had the same issues. My LO stays with my mom though. She still fusses at the bottle with EBM on the first feeding with my mom but the next couple of feedings she does well.

What helps me with the guilt of leaving her is that as soon as I get home I nurse her whether she's hungry or not. Sometimes she's hungry but other times it's a comfort nurse (for me!) I enjoy that special time and it makes me feel like i'm making up for lost time and it's helping me emotionally.

Hang in there!
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months

It will keep getting easier with time.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

It will get better! Gabe is 19 months and I am still so excited to pick him up at the end of the day. We have good days and bad days but the good outweigh the bad by a long shot! Best of luck! Lots and ots of pics around you while you work is also helpful!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."