Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weird sudden change in bowel movement

Default Weird sudden change in bowel movement

Hello ladies,
    I'm not sure what is going on, my daughter is 6 months and for the past 5 months has been on a 5-7 day schedule for a bowel movement. Quickly I learned that that was okay for a breastfed baby and thought nothing more of it. The past 4 days have been really out of cycle for her, and I'm starting to get concerned wondering if I should be alarmed. She has been "going" non-stop the past 4 days!!! A few times during the day, and a few times at night. Wondering if it's something I'm eating? I really have not changed my diet at all. She is not on solids. Should I be concerned? Her tushie is so red, I feel so bad for her.
    Thanks all.

Default Re: Weird sudden change in bowel movement

No advice, but I'm glad to hear mine isn't the only one that only goes once a week or so! Hope her tushie feels better soon ...
    Pam SAHMama of 2
    Laura, now a teen (9-19-95)
    Taylor, my little bean (5-26-08)
    I to , feed organic and cloth diaper

What you describe says "tummy bug" to me. I would only be concerned if it lasts more than a few days, or is accompanied by fever, dehydration, inconsolable crying, rash, or loss of appetite.

Hang in there- I am sure this will pass soon! Until it does, keep that unhappy little tushy bare as much as possible. Fresh air does wonders for irritated skin.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

when my son was having lots of bm's and he got real red and rashy, i tried so many things to help keep him comfortable. but what i found that he seemed to enjoy the most was being naked. if she is going "nonstop" then you might try taking her outside and laying down a big towel or blanket and lay her on her stomach. fresh air seemed to help my son lots!

hope things get back to normal for you guys soon
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines