Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much sleep?

Default How much sleep?

How much is "too much" sleep in a 12 weeker? My LO is starting to sleep 6-7 hours...once even did 8 hours before she woke for a feeding. Do I need to set the alarm to wake up? Dont get me wrong....the sleep is nice, but the guilt of my child not eating is far more important than sleep.
    !!!
    CO (and loving it)
    with daddy and baby

Default Re: How much sleep?

Has weight gain been good?

If so, I wouldn't wake up. Believe me, it won't be too long before the schedule changes again so take advantage of it!

Just speaking from experience, the only time I would wake a baby who was sleeping that long in a stretch would be if it was during the daytime. DD used to stay awake until 3 a.m. but then sleep until 11 a.m. or noon. I should have started waking her up earlier in order to get her to bed earlier, but I didn't so she had her days and nights switched for a while.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I agree with the pp! As long as she's otherwise healthy and eating well, enjoy the sleep!
    Kudos for putting baby first and enjoy the rest.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

She is gaining weight and growing fast!! We are suprised how quickly she is fitting into her sling and bouncy!! thank you and i'll enjoy the rest while i can
    !!!
    CO (and loving it)
    with daddy and baby

If weight gain is good, I say enjoy your rest! My 11 weeker is still up 2 - 3 times a night and I am sooooooo exhausted (and now very jealous of you - LOL!) Better yet, tell me your secret!
    Pam SAHMama of 2
    Laura, now a teen (9-19-95)
    Taylor, my little bean (5-26-08)
    I to , feed organic and cloth diaper