Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing long!!!

Default Nursing long!!!

I've been back at work for three weeks now. My lo takes EBM in a bottle and I nurse when I'm home with her after work and on weekends. She's 11 weeks old and drinks about 3 to 4 oz per feeding every 3 to 4 hours with the DCp. Sometimes she only takes in 2 oz then in an hour she's sucking on her hand ferociously so my DCp gives her another 2 oz and she's content until the next feeding.

I've noticed that when I nurse her now she tends to stay on for about 40 minutes sometimes an hour nonstop! Is this typical of a baby when they're away from mommy?

I don't mind nursing her for that long since I just latch her on and recline and watch my favorite show. But I'm not sure if it's something I should be concerned about. Any other working bfing mommy's experiencing something similar?
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months

Default Re: Nursing long!!!

I experienced the long nursing session when I first returned to work as well. I think it passed after a couple of weeks or a month.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Default Re: Nursing long!!!

Okay. I'm glad to hear it's not out of the ordinary. I enjoy that long nursing time with her anyway! Thanks for your response.
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months