Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Scared about not having enough

Default Scared about not having enough

Hey all..

my first baby is due any day now and I'm getting a little nervous. All pregnant women I've ever been around started leaking milk around their 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Me, if I squeeze long enough I'm able to get to see maybe one little drop emerging out of each breast but that's about it. No leaking whatsoever.
    Now I'm scared I won't have enough milk once my little pumpkin arrives. Am I paranoid?

Default Re: Scared about not having enough

Hi there worry wort! Don't stress - all will be fine! I was only able to hand express a drop or so of colostrum up the day I was admitted to the hospital. And now, I am dealing with oversupply issues! Your milk will come in and everyone will be happy - you and baby!

I didn't leak either before I gave birth. After you give birth, just make sure you build your milk supply by nursing on demand. My dd is now 12 weeks now, and getting enough milk (e.g., plenty of wet diapers and gaining weight).

JC's MOM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Hey, there..the pp's are right. Don't worry, be happy! I never leaked at all during pregnancy and my breasts never changed size. After DD was born I had PLENTY of milk. Congrats to you and let us know when your "pumpkin" arrives!

Wow, that's good news, really. Like I said.. all pregnant women I've known always had plenty of juice way before their due date so I automatically assumed something was wrong with me. I'm full of hope now!!

I'll keep you updated on my little princess's arrival!