Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: almost a year

Default almost a year

My lo is almost a year old. I'm sad about weaning him. I wouldn't care if he nursed for much longer but I need to get started on a med & can't do it bf him. He still eats several times a day & several times at night. He may never quit !
    Jennifer, 1st time mom to Noah. Born August 27,07 by c-section after 12 hours of labor.

Check out my website
    www.myspagirlparties.com/jennifermorris

Default Re: almost a year

I was planning on weaning DD1 when she was one year but that was before I found this site.

Sometimes docs can be overly conservative in advising that meds are incompatible with bfing. Thomas Hale is the leading expert on the safety of specific meds and bfing and there is also a site called Lactmed with more information. If you haven't already, I'd suggest confirming whether your meds are compatible with bfing and whether there is an alternative.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on