Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG! Tears of joy!

Default Re: OMG! Tears of joy!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Biting is never easy because there is an intimacy to this relationship and biting actually causes trust issues. Don't just be patient. Take him off. Say OUCH very loud so he understands you are in pain. Cry if you have to. This is a dance. Your feelings are important too. I always encourage women to work thru biting. But not at your expense. You need to let your nursing partner know that you are being hurt. And that that isn't OK.
    I pull DS off, put him on the floor and tell him "NO BITE, It hurts mommy when you bite mommy."

Oh I have tried "discipline" measures...none have seemed to work so far. I had posted about the biting on here and even tried some of the suggestions I got there...that's what I meant about being patient.

He bites so hard I certainly couldn't be patient through that!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I hope it ends soon (the biting, not the nursing)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    Oh I have tried "discipline" measures...none have seemed to work so far. I had posted about the biting on here and even tried some of the suggestions I got there...that's what I meant about being patient.

He bites so hard I certainly couldn't be patient through that!
    I am not actually suggesting Discipline. Not really.. More open communication. You and your baby share a very intimate bond. If it's possible for a child to pick up on stress or tension, it's also possible for them to key in on actual pain being caused by them to their mothers. While they may not understand, most children who's mothers work thru biting with them do get it. Not that it won't happen again with a different set of teeth, but if the reaction is the same, the baby will stop when it starts again later. My son at 2.5 begins to cry when he is put on the floor for biting because he knows better. But he night not if he hadn't been getting the same reaction from me since the was 8months old.
    I too hope you are able to work thru it sooner rather than later.

Way too lazy for formula

I had a very persistent biter, and one of the keys for me was to watch him closely for the cues he would give before he bit. He never really cared about being put down, so that didn't work for us. If you are really attentive, you can probably pick up on a pattern, even if it's very subtle (and it was for us.)
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

I do have to admit that it is hard for me, when I am trying to have the communication with him that I probably give in too easily. And yes, that is totally my bad.

My ped. told me that when I put him down it needs to be for at least a minute, and I thought I was doing good at least getting to like 20 seconds!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    Yes....it seems like he has been his whole life so far. He has 6 now and they just seem to never stop coming!

We've tried almost everything...now I am just being patient...

my son is the exact same way!! he has acted like he has been teething since he was 3 months old (even though they didnt come until he was 6 1/2 months) and he just got his top 2 (he is 8 1/2 months now with a total of 4 teeth) and he acted like he was teething ever since his first 2 came in. it never ends! and he bites too... but only after teeth come in. like right now

what i have found that works great is Camilla teething drops. its homeopathic and it tastes like water and you just squeeze it in their mouth and minutes later i could tell a difference. i ordered it from puritanspride.com i think. you might want to check it out!
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines