Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often to eat and when to worry??

Default Re: How often to eat and when to worry??

we like to see little babies come to the breast atleast 8-12 times in a 24 hour period. If you want her to be able to go 5 hrs at night we like to suggest that you nurse every 2-2.5 hrs during the day. Its important for her to come to the breast for your supply and also bc babies tend to have blood sugar issues, the more they sleep and the longer they between a feed the lower there blood sugar drops, hence they sleep more.."can" be a dangerous situation.. Also I think you mentioned before that dh had given her a bottle with some formula in it, was this the same day? Formula fills their tummies more, so that may have been some of what was going on? "I" would wake her if it was me, she'll wake up soon enough though.

You can send her to me. I want my easy baby back. Having one around the house would remind me of why I put up with the screaming, jumping, farting Toddler.

Way too lazy for formula

people always see me and the boys and say you have your hands full. I just smile and think, the baby is no problem, its the 3 year old!

I would let her sleep for up to 6 hours (or so) at night but the rest of the day offer frequently. But coming from a Mama who hasn't had a 4 hour stretch of sleep in, oh, 3+ years, you will have to weigh that carefully . You lucky dog !

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

She is nursing for her 6th time today. She's done this since day 1...not just during the 2x she had formula (which she barfed and ate right away again!).

I guess I will start waking her more during the day. It's just so hard because I have Shiloh that is SOOOO demanding
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

As long as she is having enough wet diapers I would not worry too much. I would say enjoy this time while it lasts. Maybe having a high demand toddler makes you feel weird why this newborn sweetheart is not as demanding as he is.
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Leslie - 2 Questions.

Are you on any medications?????

Has she regained birthweight yet?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    Leslie - 2 Questions.

Are you on any medications?????

Has she regained birthweight yet?
    I am not taking anything right now. I finished up my antibiotics, but I don't think that those would've made her sleepy. I never took any pain meds except 1 dose of vicodin right after I had her and a few IV doses of morphine when I had the uterine infection. I know morphine is a biggie...but I'm allergic to demerol and that was the next best choice. But I always nursed her right before the pain meds and then by the time she wanted to nurse again, the meds had worn off.

I believe she has regained her birthweight. She was 7lbs 13ozs a WEEK ago...so I'm sure she's well over 8lbs by now. She has her 2 week check up on Wednesday morning.

She nursed last night around 11 and we just finished nursing. We actually made it in bed with daddy and Shiloh. She did well and when she started squirming around 230, I got up to come feed her in the living room. BUT, it still took me 45 minutes or so to get her good and awake to eat.

I left her on the couch while I went potty. She fell off and let out a blood-curdling scream. I freaked and felt HORRIBLE. That was not the method I had in mind for getting her to wake up and eat She did eat really well though and is now on her way back to sleep as am I.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

I wish I would have watched the baby and not the clock.. .we got into a habit early of every 2 hours (I was freaked that she wasn't getting enough after one day at the hospital where it seemed like 12 hours between nursing!). I would wake her at night every two hours like clock work. Luckily she has always slept well so she would dream nurse but with the second I will definitely be more laid back about it!
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.