Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: quinoa???and some...

Default quinoa???and some...

what is a good age to intro quinoa???? also stews and ww bread. dd is 7 mons and on mashed banana, s. potato, avacado, mango, peach, pear, plum and beets.. when and what is a good logical next step.
    she enjoys her food....im nervous beyond mashed
    i welcome ideas..........please

Default Re: quinoa???and some...

I think quinoa is a wonderful grain for baby! We will be starting solids soon (she's 7.5 months, and has tried avacado) and plan on trying quinoa and millet. Whole grains contain protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. And grains, especially the more nutrient dense grains like quinoa and millet, have naturally occurring iron. I would wait till one year to introduce wheat because of allergy concerns.

Here's a great recipe for whole grain baby cereal. You can use a variety of grains, including quinoa and millet.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon