Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yo baby yogurt

Default Yo baby yogurt

Is this yogurt okay for 8m old baby? I just seen it today at Traders and wondered if she might like trying it. Just not sure if it is okay to give her

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Default Re: Yo baby yogurt

I don't know anything about the particular brand, but I think the suggested age range for introducing yogurt and other forms of dairy is 9-12 months, and 12 months for cow's milk. Later if your child has any history of allergies.

Here's a link from kellymom.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

We started giving full fat yogurt at 8-9 months. Yobaby does have a ton of sugar. We put our own pureed fruit in plain yogurt for DS.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Yeah - I'd wait a bit longer (as per the recommendations) and then intro plain yogurt with your own fruit added (if desired)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

We buy the big ol' tub of Stoneyfield plan full fat yogurt. DD loves it and it is so much cheaper to buy it in the large size than the single serve containers.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

my son is 8 1/2 months and i have only given him plain yogurt. it doesnt have any added flavors or sugars. im trying to not get him started on sweet stuff, because then i will have to give him sweet stuff from now on and he will never like anything plain.
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines

IRT 'big ol' tub of Stoneyfield plan full fat yogurt' - how long does that last, bc DS is eating very little of this.

Yo baby also does have a plain version which has much less sugar then the flavored kinds but they are hard to find in grocery stores. I find they only carry them in Organic only grocery stores