Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I want to wean...DD?

Default I want to wean...DD?

Ok, so we were on vacation about 3 weks ago, and I thought DD was going to wean herself. She never really nurses while we're out for the whole day (until we get home). So I was kind of wondering if she would do the same on vacation. She did, only nursing at night. After a week of that, we came home and her nursing picked right back up. She never really nurses a whole lot during the day, but a lot at night. When she nurses during the day, she will either hold onto her foot and slam it into my chest, or she will take a suck or two and then a suck or two on her pacifire-nurse-pacifire...and so on. I have tried to get her to sleep without nurisng, but she will scream until I give in and then it's the alternating between me and the pacifire. Any tips on what to do to get DD weaned. I NEED HELP!
    BTW, DD is almost 14 months
    I am in love with my family.
    I'm Christi wife to Nick of 6 years &
    mommy to my precious little girls Katelin and Madilynn

Default Re: I want to wean...DD?

Would you be opposed to nursing her down for the night, but night-weaning those night sessions? We had great success with Dr Jay Gordon's night-weaning method. We still nursed to sleep for bedtime though. I think some give and take and compromise always works best for everyone involved.

I found it easier to nurse him to sleep knowing that he would not be nursing ALL NIGHT LONG. Before night-weaning I was really resenting nursing.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

It sounds like maybe she isn't ready yet?

We are also doing Dr. Jay Gordon's method and it is working!!!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

One more thing, what teeth does she still have to cut? Night-weaning was impossible for us until he had his eye teeth and molars.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)