Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we still nursing?

Default Re: Are we still nursing?

yep your nursing! Exactly what Thomas did. Hang on, keep encouraging him and you'll be just fine. Esp when sorts out that there is milk there again! 3 more weeks, thats it? Are you ready?

You ladies actually made me tear up. No one really understands but you. Even DH doesn't fully understand.

No, I'm totally NOT ready. Is anyone ever really ready for a baby? I learned that the hard way the first time.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

No i dont even know why I ask you..people used to ask me that and also ask if Thomas was ready, no way did he understand what was going to happen or really even us, kwim? I was ready to not be pregnant but not ready to have 2. Its taken a long time to get to our new normal. Started feeling that way around 6 months pp, feeling even more "normal" now at nearly 9months pp....: what kind of birth are you planning?

We've decided on a hospital water birth, midwife-assisted. The hospital has two water birthing suites. With my joint pain I have really been eased by the swimming pool in the past month. I'm thinking that would really help me.
    Lyn

will little d be there or at home? you guys are having a girl right? does she have a name? ( you have probably already stated all of these things and i missed it!) sorry...

D will most likely be there, but not in the room for the whole thing. I'm really playing it by ear right now. I went to the spa for 1.5 hours on Sunday and he asked for me the whole time, and he was with DH. So I don't know. I'm hoping it happens during the day and not at night. He needs me most at night I think. He is more distractable during the day, and if my Mom is here, he will be fine playing with her.

We are having a girl. We think we've settled on the name Lucy Jane. Daniel seems to KNOW that is her name, so why switch it up on him. I got video of him tonight showing off the baby and telling her name. I will post it soon.
    Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    We are having a girl. We think we've settled on the name Lucy Jane. Daniel seems to KNOW that is her name, so why switch it up on him. I got video of him tonight showing off the baby and telling her name. I will post it soon.
    Post it!!!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I love the name Lucy..

I can not wait to meet her. I am sooo excited Lyn! I am praying for a mellow baby for you guys!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

the name! I agree that it's nursing. the relationship still exists and both parties are still invested in it. I hop you have a camera ready from when he gets a full mouthful of milk, he will be thrilled!

I too am hoping for a mellow baby for you, that means there is hope after the monster! (but we the monsters!)
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."