Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: bottle

Default bottle

any good advice on getting my 3month old to take the bottle...she wants nothing to do with it right now,and im getting frustrated that she wont take it when i pump...my hubby and i would love a night out or two even...

Default Re: bottle

Maybe you have already tried this but, have you tried having your hubby feed her? Sometimes my lo won't take a bottle from me. Also maybe try holding her in a position that is very different than nursing. I try to hold my lo up a little more and face her a little more away from me.

Good luck. 3 months, I'd say it's high time you had a night out!

what type of nipple are you using?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Try Breastflow. It mimics breastfeeding, and LO has to use compression to get anything out.

Sometimes you just have to find the right nipple/bottle for your LO. We used Breastflow for the first couple of months and then all of a sudden she would have nothing of it. We switched to Playtex Drop-Ins with the silicone Natural Latch nipple and she took it right away.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*loving-motherhood View Post
    Maybe you have already tried this but, have you tried having your hubby feed her? Sometimes my lo won't take a bottle from me. Also maybe try holding her in a position that is very different than nursing. I try to hold my lo up a little more and face her a little more away from me.

Good luck. 3 months, I'd say it's high time you had a night out!
    DD would only take a bottle if she were sitting on your lap and facing you. I would put one hand behind her head and hold the bottle in the other hand. she did this for a while...

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

If you can't get her to take a bottle is it possible to nurse right before you leave and return home in time to nurse again?
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work