Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: when did you introduce a sippy cup?

Default when did you introduce a sippy cup?

just curious.

did you introduce it with expressed bm? or did you wait until your lo was ready for another liquid such as water?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: when did you introduce a sippy cup?

I tryed it around 6 months. I used BM and 90% water and 10% juice. She really just played with it untill 8 months old.

My boys (who wernt BF) they used a sippy around 5 months old. They too had milk (formula) and juice/water.

So I guess we're no help
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Default Re: when did you introduce a sippy cup?

At 8 mos Luke was learning the sippy. I just gave him water in it when he had "meals". He used it pretty well by 10 mos. When he weaned at 12.5 mos he drank bm in the sippy.