Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: hands free pumping

Default hands free pumping

Does this mean you don't have to hold your boob?

I'm really naive about the whole thing and didn't even hear the term before I found this forum.

I'm really curious about this. If it is pumping without holding your breast/shield is there a special bra or attachment you need to buy?

If I'm wrong about the concept, feel free to laugh
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: hands free pumping

http://awomanswork.com/shopsite_sc/s...ier_detail.php

I use a hands-free bustier. Click on the link above to buy one. It is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rorysmom View Post
    http://awomanswork.com/shopsite_sc/s...ier_detail.php

I use a hands-free bustier. Click on the link above to buy one. It is GREAT!
    thanks!

now I understand the concept a little better I like that idea
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

i used an old sports bra w/ slits cut for the horns
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    i used an old sports bra w/ slits cut for the horns
    awesome! And right at the price I want to spend - zero
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Medela is coming out with a handsfree pump that hooks onto their bras. I have been test driving one. I have to admit I haven't used it as a hands free yet because I have trouble giving up compressions which take hands anyway! What I like the best about it is that it is about the size of a walkman and is cordless so it is very convenient for on the road/work etc. The only thing I don't like about it is that it vibrates. I also don't know if it is as efficient as the Pump In Style. I haven't used anything else but a hospital-grade Symphony which I definitely think is the most efficient.

I guess you could get used to it though. Here is a link to more info:

http://www.medelafreestyle.com/

I have the Medela Freestyle and it works pretty well. I can't compare it with the Pump in Style, but I knew I had to have something hands-free (I have a short attention span) and it does the trick. You just have to be careful not to get carried away with bending over or leaning back - it is not GRAVITY-free, which some heartbreaking spills reminded me...

You are right! And the air holes in the flanges are pretty big! I was pumping while riding in the car (the truck drivers love it) and ended up spilling all over myself!