Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help with being used as a pacifier

Default Help with being used as a pacifier

Ok, I know I am more stressed out right now because we are dealing w/ the thrush thing. But, I am starting to get a little tired of her using me as a pacifier at night. I know it is a comfort thing and I don't want to take that from her. She is 5 months old now and wakes about every 2 hours at night. Sometimes I know she eats, but other times I think she realizes she isn't on me. My hips are starting to hurt at night from lying on my side. Any tips? I guess I'm just lazy, but I know if I move her to her crib I will probably be getting up more at night w/ less sleep and I know I will be grumpy! Sometimes I dream of her sleeping through the night like the babies of friends who are formula fed. She is soooo different from my 1st. At this age I don't remember her on me all night and I had her in her crib at 9 months. I know that is 4 months away, but, I can't see that happening w/ this baby. Hopefully I'm wrong. Breastfeeding is so much harder this time around- life is busier- an 8 year old and working full time. I know I am whining. But, I am so ready to quit. Then I feel guilty because I want to give her the same I gave #1 daughter. I think if we could get the sleep thing better, I will make it.

So, just want to know... how do I get her to eat then sleep-not attached to me?
    [/SIGPIC]FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Mommy to Haley 6/20/2000- BF- 1 year
    Ella 2/20/2008- BF- 111 months

Default Re: Help with being used as a pacifier

Have you seen the book The No Cry Sleep Solution? There are some really good tips in there, also will give you some insight into sleeping patterns.
    Being up all night like that will really wear a person down, how has it been going the past few nights for you?
    Also about your hips, have you tried laying her across you or prop her up on your arm and then put a pillow under your back so your sort of laying at an angle. Not sure if that makes sense - I'll try to find some pictures.

Take it one night at a time mama
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Ok take a look at this link, http://www.mother-2-mother.com/tut-layingdown.htm

HTH
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Thank you! Think I will look for that book.
    [/SIGPIC]FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Mommy to Haley 6/20/2000- BF- 1 year
    Ella 2/20/2008- BF- 111 months