Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 hrs and still dry diaper

Default 6 hrs and still dry diaper

LO has been fussy the past two weeks, I just thought she might be getting her molars. She hasnet nursed since about 4pm (friday) I gave her motrin. She woke up at midnight and I went to nurse and she flipped. Her diaper is dry after 6 hrs. When should I worry?
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Default Re: 6 hrs and still dry diaper

I wouldn't worry until morning, at least. If she wakes up dry then I'd wonder what was up ... has she had any food or fluids?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

She ate last around 4, She had some applesauce. Which was pretty normal. All she wants to do is be held and suck her thumb I just tried some of her juice in her sippy... and she took it (90% water and 10% juice) Maybe I need to pump, I need to pump any way I am huge! She screams and arches her back when I show her my boob I've never given her my milk is a cup.... I will have to figure how to do that. Wont my milk separate after a while. Do you give it cold or warm?

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

If she still gets really upset with nursing for the whole weekend, call the pedi on Monday or make an appt. The first time I dealt with a nursing strike it was because of an ear infection and he did the same thing- just really upset when I tried to nurse.

Make sure to get the fluids in there w/ however she will take it. You can give her the BM in a sippy cup imo.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I, too, give BM in a sippy cup. If I just pump I would give fresh - if it has been in the fridge I just give it cold. DD really doesn't care.
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

try hand expression 1st.. that might work beter then pumping if your not used to pumping.

Hope shes fealing beter soon!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    try hand expression 1st.. that might work beter then pumping if your not used to pumping.

Hope shes fealing beter soon!
    For some reason I can't do that so well. I get maybe a tsp full
    I did pump, I have a pretty good pump medela (sp) She took about 1-2 oz from a sippy cup and she ate a good amount pancakes with us.

Oh and she woke with a pretty dry diaper. She normally has to be changed 2-3 times a night. She maybe wet it once last night.

This is probably her teething, I was just scared with the amout of wet diapers, but shes taking fluids fine now. Thank you!

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

how old is she again?
    some kids learn to hold it pretty early.
    I know my dd was dry when she got up starting at 1...
    We would 1st thing go and use the potty.

wow talk about easy potty training! It's gotta be a girl thing Cause my boys sure are takeing their sweet time. Lily is 9 months, and shes smart enuff to show me whos boss

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

yeah by 1 my dd was just about always dry during the day
    my ds was turning 3 so I trained them both at the same time.
    IT took her till she was about 2 to poop on the potty all the time...
    As long as her pee is almost clear and not realy smelly not to much to worry about.