Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can lipase issues show up later?

Default Can lipase issues show up later?

I didn't figure out that I have a possible lipase issue until today and my DS is 8 months old. Early July he started drinking less and less of his bottles at daycare. Then we went on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Since we've been back he'll only take around 1 - 2oz a day. It's causing major issues at daycare cuz he's super fussy.

But how come I didn't realize this or suspect it until now? Can it really not show up until later? Or does it have something to do with introducing solids?

I just think it's weird that he always took a bottle until recently.

Default Re: Can lipase issues show up later?

It could be a solids thing, but my first thought was teeth.

Is he teething? Does he get a cup as well? Maybe it's time to change nipple size or just shift to a cup for the majority of feedings??
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Can lipase issues show up later?

He's been teething on and off for months, but he doesn't seem to be now. I even took him to the doctor last week to rule out teething, cold, ear infection, etc. Nothing is wrong with him. So then I just thought it was separation anxiety. That is...until I tasted a bottle that I had pumped 24 hours prior. YUCK!